in focus | subscribe
search our database
- crown land management | native title (9)
- development contributions | planning agreements | value capture (50)
- enforcement | compliance (20)
- environment | natural resources | climate change (81)
- local government | administrative law (196)
- LTL news (7)
- planning | development (279)
- property | commercial (51)
Monthly Archives: August 2011
There is more to be said about the decision of Biscoe J in the Land and Environment Court in Sweetwater Action Group Inc v Minister For Planning  NSWLEC 106 (7 July 2011) that was discussed in the In Focus … Continue reading
On Thursday, 18 August 2011, a draft SEPP was placed on exhibition for public comment which identifies categories of development which will be state significant development (SSD) or state significant infrastructure (SSI) when the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 is … Continue reading
On 24 August 2011, the Federal Government announced that it will significantly reform national environmental laws in response to an independent review of the Environment Protection Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth) (Act) prepared by Allan Hawkes AC in October 2009.
On 26 August 2011, the Subordinate Legislation Act 1989 was amended to provide that the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 will remain in force until 1 September 2013 unless sooner repealed.