in focus | subscribe
search our database
- crown land management | native title (9)
- development contributions | planning agreements | value capture (50)
- enforcement | compliance (20)
- environment | natural resources | climate change (81)
- local government | administrative law (196)
- LTL news (7)
- planning | development (279)
- property | commercial (51)
Monthly Archives: June 2014
Review to be conducted over laws protecting threatened species, native vegetation and biodiversity in NSW
The Minister for the Environment has announced a review of the legislative and policy framework for the management of native vegetation, threatened species and other protected flora and fauna.
Non-metropolitan councils can require developers to make contributions for water supply, sewerage and stormwater headworks in respect of development. However, the legislative basis for the imposition of such charges is not straightforward, and is worthwhile reviewing.
Six weeks ago I had the pleasure of announcing the arrival at LTL of Carlo Zoppo. At the time I stated that it was the first of a number of announcements for LTL as we approached our 10th anniversary. Today, … Continue reading
The NSW State Budget for 2014-2015 released on 17 June 2014 indicates that $60 million has been allocated for the Local Infrastructure Growth Scheme (‘LIGS‘), down from $99 million in 2013-2014. Given the purpose for which the LIGS was established, it … Continue reading