Michael Levy | Senior Associate
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Technology Sydney (2013)
- Development contributions VPAs & value capture
- Local government & administrative law
- Planning & development
- Land & environment court litigation
- Public sector property
- Enforcement & compliance
Michael Levy is a Senior Associate with Lindsay Taylor Lawyers with significant experience in environment and planning law. His practice includes litigation and aspects of property law and he works for both government and private sector clients.
Michael’s work at Lindsay Taylor Lawyers involves advice, transactional and litigious matters, including:
- advising on a range of matters under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, Local Government Act 1993, Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 and other related legislation regarding development, administrative decisions, regulatory enforcement and related matters;
- regularly appearing in Classes 1, 4 and 5 of the Land and Environment Court, the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the Local Court.
- drafting voluntary planning agreements, leases and other contracts; and
- drafting and attending to registration of dealings, including easements, covenants and caveats.
In 2018, Michael undertook a six month secondment to the NSW Department of Planning and Environment where he was involved in a range of litigious matters including prosecutions, merit appeals, coronial inquests, regulatory compliance and judicial review proceedings.