Purpose built to act for local government authorities, state government agencies and major private, public & institutional developers
Specialist expertise for state government agencies
Lindsay Taylor Lawyers has significant experience and specialist expertise in advising and representing NSW State government departments, agencies, corporations and authorities.
Since the firm was founded in 2004, our lawyers have worked closely with a significant number of government department and agencies on a range of advisory, transactional and litigious matters.
In 2016, LTL was appointed to inaugural NSW State Government Legal Services Panel relating to the following areas of law:
- planning, environment, heritage, & natural resources
- local government law
- administrative and governance matters
- statutory interpretation
- enforcement, regulation and prosecution
We are one of only 6 small firms appointed to the panel and the only small firm to be appointed to more than 2 areas of law.
Many of our lawyers have worked in house in state government – on either a permanent or secondment basis – and we understand the operating environment in which our legal services are required and the need to provide innovative and robust solutions to complex problems.
We pride ourselves on providing our state government clients with market leading expertise in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
As a small firm we punch significantly above our weight and provide government agencies with a viable, risk free and cost-effective alternative for their legal needs across our specialist areas of law.
Our capability and experience ranges from discrete legal advice, to major litigation, negotiating major planning agreements and administrative arrangements for state owned corporations and advising on the operational and administrative impacts of legislative and regulatory reform.
State government experience
Recent state government matters we have acted in include:
- drafting and negotiating various planning agreements in the South West Growth centre
- successfully representing UrbanGrowth NSW & Hunter Development Corporation in the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and in High Court special leave proceedings regarding the acquisition of land and assets associated with the Newcastle urban redevelopment project
- advising on the best practice in relation to value capture mechanisms
- advising on the planning mechanisms available for the redevelopment of an agency’s property holdings
- representing the Planning Assessment Commission in Land & Environment Court Class 1 proceedings regarding a modification application of a quarry
- advising on the administrative arrangements associated with the restructure of a state owned corporation
- drafting and advising on the sale, leasing and redevelopment of various parcels of Crown land across metropolitan and regional NSW
- prosecuting various environmental offences in the Local Court and Land & Environment Court
- drafting and negotiating various environmental agreements regarding the conservation of a threatened species
- drafting and negotiating acquisition agreements relating to a mass water storage facility
- advising and representing an agency on public information access requests in the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal
- advising on rating issues to various agencies
- representing an agency in various regulatory appeals in the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal
- providing a secondee to a departmental in-house litigation team
State Government expertises
Planning & development | Development contributions, planning agreements & value capture | Environment, climate change & natural resources | Land & Environment Court litigation | Enforcement & compliance | Public information & privacy | Local Government & administrative law | Crown land management & Native Title