Quality work. Quality people. A Quality experience
Legal Operations Manager – full time
LTL is a CBD based law firm specialising in planning, environment and government law.
Formed in 2004, we have a premier client base comprising state and local government agencies, public institutions and major private sector developers.
We have recognised expertise in relation to major development projects, infrastructure funding and Land & Environment Court Litigation.
With a group of 15 lawyers and an administrative team of 7, we are seeking a talented, active and effective individual to fill our role of Operations Manager.
Your place in our team
Working across the firm, you will:
- report directly to the CEO and work closely with him in achieving the firm’s operational and strategic goals
- promote a culture of continuous improvement and have responsibility for ensuring a well-functioning, organised and safe office environment for the firm, its staff and our clients
- have management of facilities, IT systems and administrative systems and processes
- have responsibility for managing and procuring vendors and external services
- be actively involved in reviewing, designing, updating and ensuring compliance with firm systems, procedures and policies with a commitment to continual improvement
- have human resources responsibilities including recruitment, training, supervision and deployment of staff in relation to the firms administrative and accounts systems and processes
- approximately 5 years proven practice management, operations or senior administrative experience in legal/professional services
- an absolute and demonstrated commitment to the provision of quality, client focused legal services and a recognition of the integral role you can play in ensuring the firm’s continual improvement
- strong commercial acumen and an excellent attention to detail
- demonstrated experience to drive projects and knowledge of and experience in the implementation of business excellence and process improvement methodologies
- the ability and desire to lead, motivate and develop staff as well as work collaboratively and effectively in a dynamic, co-operative and harmonious team of lawyers and support staff
- excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and influencing skills, including the ability to build effective working relationships with people at all levels of the organisation
- university qualifications (preferably business related but other disciplines considered if they can be demonstrated to be relevant)
- Excellent skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior experience with LexisNexis Affinity or other complex PMS will also be highly regarded.
- an attractive and competitive salary package that matches your experience and abilities
- a challenging and satisfying role that you can make your own
- membership of a friendly, dynamic and successful team
- financial & other support for approved post-graduate studies
- the support, resources and encouragement you need to help you reach your full potential
How to apply
Applications – including CV, Cover letter and any supporting Transcripts – should be marked to the attention of Dr Matthew McNamara and uploaded via the ‘Join Us’ application form located at the bottom of this page. Alternatively, you may e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion about the role and our firm, please contact Dr Matthew McNamara on 02 8235 9790
Please note LTL is not seeking the assistance of recruitment agencies to fill this role
Posted: 14 August 2019